1. Who is required to apply for permission for abstraction of ground water?
Ans.- All industries, infrastructure, mining projects using ground water are required to take permission from HWRA to abstract ground water.
2. Is there any exempted category in HWRA who is not required to get permission?
Ans.- Those industries which are registered under MSME and falls under micro and small category and have consumption less than 10 KLD are exempted. However, they are required to get themselves registered under HWRA and get exemption certificate. Those individual domestic tube wells /borewells withdrawing ground water only for their domestic consumption are exempted.
3. How can I get NOC to abstract ground water if I don’t fall under exempted category?
Ans.- There is a portal hwra.org.in. you are required to register yourself to login to file application online as per your category.
4. How can I get instructions to file application?
Ans.- There are rules and guidelines which gives detailed instructions to file application.
5. Are there any fees to be paid with the application?
Ans.- Yes, you are required to pay application fees as per the instructions mentioned on the guidelines.
6. How much time it takes to get the NOC?
Ans.- It takes around one month to process the application and issuance of NOC.
7. Am I required to pay any tariff for the use of ground water?
Ans.- Yes, you will be required to pay tariff for 90 days based on your ground water consumption to get NOC. After that you are required to pay tariff based on your actual consumption after every three months.
8. Are there any terms and conditions to get NOC?
Ans.- Yes, on every NOC certificate Terms and conditions are printed on it and you are required to comply all Terms and conditions as mentioned in the NOC.
9. Is there any penalty for default of any Terms and conditions or for non-payment of tariff?
Ans.- Yes, there is a provision of penalty. The details of penalty for various omissions have been mentioned in the guidelines.
10. Any documents required for filing the application?
Ans.- Yes, some documents are mandatory to process the application. Documents are –
a. ID Proof
c. Flow chart of Industrial Process.
d. GW quality Test Report.
e. NOC for water supply from water supplying agencies.
f. Valid CTO.
g. Water Balance Chart with quantity of water.
Other Technical Documents -
a. Rainwater Harvesting proposal
b. Impact Assessment Report (In case Ground water requirement exceeds 500 KLD)
Additional Document for Infrastructural Projects –
a. Site Plan.
b. Calculation details of water requirement as per NBC norms.
c. Copy of Approval letter of State Government Agency
d. Completion certificate
11. Which number is to be filled in the link ‘Registration number of Industry’ ?
Ans.- MSME(UDYAM/Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum/HUM ) certificate registration number
Industry registration number issued by the Industries Department /MSME Directorate, Haryana
Factory Licence issued by the Chief Inspector of Factories, Haryana
Certificate of Incorporation number(CIN) issued by the Registrar of Companies
Entrepreneurs Memorandum number issued by Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India
(Certificate number of that document is to be mentioned which is provided/uploaded as the proof of MSME/large industry in the application)
12. Which documents are to be provided for the link “Ownership of the Land(Enclose documents of ownership)” ?
Ans.- Any of the following document(Scanned copies) in the name of Applicant:-
1. Land registration deed/Jamabandi
2. Industrial plot allotment letter
3. Change of land use letter
4. Building completion/occupation certificate
5. Upto date valid lease deed duly registered, in case the land has been taken on lease
6. Electricity bill OR water bill issued by the concerned Govt. agency not older than six months on the date of submission of online application
7. Property tax payment receipt not older than one year on the date of submission of online application
13. Which date is to be mentioned in the requirement of “Date of commencement” (a) for the Industries in establishment stage & yet to start the start the production (b) Industries which are already under production. ?
Ans - (a) For the Industry in : The date when the production will
establishment stage commence
(b) For the Industry : The date when the production was which is already commenced OR the date of issuance under production of CTO, whichever is earlier.
14. How fresh water requirement to be mentioned in the application on per day basis, is to be calculated i.e. is it to be calculated on weekly, monthly or yearly basis
Ans - Average daily water requirement is to be mentioned. Yearly requirement is to be mentioned by multiplying daily average requirement with number of working days.
15. What is the procedure if ground water requirement is to be changed(increased/decreased) after issuance of NOC/permission letter. Any fee is charged for the same ?
Ans - Applicant has to apply on the Portal with payment of online fee as per the policy.
16. Upto how much old fresh water non availability/partial availability certificate from Water supply Agencies is accepted ?
Ans - Fresh water non availability/partial availability certificate to be obtained from the local Water supply Govt. agencies, should not be older than six months on the date of submission of application
17. Upto how much old Affidavit for fresh water non availability/partial availability certificate from Water Supply Agencies where ground water requirement is less than 10 m3/day, is accepted.
Ans - Affidavit should not be older than three months on the date of submission of application
18. Upto how much old, test report of ground water quality can be accepted ?
Ans - Date of issue of test report should not older than one year on the date of submission of online application
19. Testing criteria i.e. relevant testing standard i.e. BIS number etc. Which of the tests are to be carried out ?
Ans - Testing is to be done as per BIS standards for drinking water i.e. IS: 10500 (as amended).At the minimum, following tests must be carried out & reported in the Test report:
|Sr. No.||Parameter||Sr. No.||Parameter|
|1||Total Dissolved Solids||8||Calcium|
20. Is one test report required to be submitted irrespective of number of tubewells OR for each tubewell, separate test report is to be deposited ?
Ans - Test report of one tubewell is mandatory
21. What is the procedure for obtaining permission for installing new borewell or closing borewell/s after issuance of NOC.
Ans - Applicant has to apply on the HWRA portal with payment of the prescribed fee.
22. From where annual rainfall data & peak average rainfall data of the concerned area is to be taken ?
Ans- Annual Rainfall data & peak rainfall data may be taken from IMD/CGWA/State Govt. website.
23. Which reference year is to be taken for annual rainfall fall data & peak averagerainfall data of the area where the unit is located ?.
Ans- Normal/average rainfall data of last ten years is to be taken which is available on IMD/CGWA/State Govt. website
24. For designing the capacity & catchment area of rain water recharging structure, peak average rainfall water run off of how much period is to be considered ?
Ans - Peak average rainfall run off for one hour duration is to be taken for calculation & designing of catchment area/capacity of recharge structure. As per the present data, peak average rainfall varies from 15mm to 30mm per hour depending upon area.
25. For designing the capacity of Rain water collection tank, peak rainfall water run off of how much period is to be considered ?
Ans - 50% of the hourly peak average rainfall is to be taken for designing capacity of rain water collection tank.
26. What is saline water
Ans - Water containing TDS above 3000 OR electrical conductivity above 5000 is the saline water
27. How Rain Water Harvesting is to be done in saline water area area ?
Ans - If water level is less than 8 mtrs., then lined collection tank be constructed as per norms for direct use of rain water. If water level is more than 8 mtrs., then recharge proposal to be prepared.
28. What is waterlogged area
Ans - Area where water table is less than 8 meters, is the waterlogged area.
29. How Rain Water Harvesting is to be done in water logged area
Ans - Rain water is to be collected in storage tank(s) & collected water should be re-used in the Industrial activity, domestic use, green belt etc.
30. How the capacity of recharge well is estimated ?
Ans - Maximum intake capacity of recharge well be taken as 75% of the average delivery of borewell in the premises.
31. Guide about the Annual Maintenance schedule of the RWH System
Ans - Annual Maintenance Schedule of RWH system is available on HWRA website.
32. Upto how much old the Impact Assessment report &Socio Economic report can be accepted.
Ans- The data to be provided in the Impact Assessment report should not be more than two years old on the date of submission of application.
33. What are details to be provided alongwith IAR submitted by the Applicant in confirmation that it has actually been prepared by the said Consultant.
Ans - Applicant should provide following with IAR;
1. Valid accreditation certificate of consultant.
2. Confirmation letter duly signed from the Consultant regarding preparing the IAR on behalf of the applicant
3. Contact details of the Consultant viz address, mobile number, e mail id. so that HWRA may get the authenticity of IAR confirmed from him, if required.
34. From where the names & addresses of accredited Consultants can be obtained.
Ans - Names & addresses of the accredited consultants can be obtained from CGWA website.
35. Any proforma for Impact Assessment Report?
Proforma available on HWRA website(Link- Report Formats )